Thursday, December 30, 2010

Spreading Christmas...Germs

Christmas Eve morning breaks...I wake up and trapse downstairs to snuggle up on the couch with my Phi Sig blanket to watch some quality Christmas cartoons.  But then, I sniff, and I swallow and I realize...I have a rather annoying cold, stuffy nose, sore throat, and all.  As the day progressed, so did my cold, eventually adding a headache and a fever to the mix.  I wrapped only a few gifts and didn't go to church.  But I at least was able to have dinner with my aunt and uncle that night, which was nice.

Christmas morning arrives, and I'm feeling still stuffy but better.  And after a good hot shower and some ibuprofen, I was read to go!  Dinner at my aunt's house was really fun.  I was able to see everyone that I couldn't see at Thanksgiving. 

The day after Christmas, which is always a sad day anyways because Christmas is over, was a Sunday.  And on Sunday, my lovely cold decided to upgrade a massive ear infection.  From the mid-afternoon to evening, my right ear went from being merely blocked to having shooting pains every few minutes.  Though calling the on-call doctor, an eventual trip to the ER, and a follow-up with an ENT the next day, I was given antibiotic for the infection, ear drops to heal the ear drum, and vicodin and motrin 600 for the pain. 

Today, I am feeling much much better.  The antibiotics have taken started to kick in, the ear drops seem to be working as well.  The vicodin seemed a bit extreme to me--so I've only taken that once on the first day.  And the motrin 600 keeps the pain down to a dull pressure. 

Silly sickness.  Doesn't it know that it was a holiday?

1 comment: